I adore August and September for the abundance of fresh food around every corner. The tomatoes and the beans and the bell peppers and the sweet corn and the zucchini and the squash. It’s all so fresh and so delicious! … Continue reading
Zucchini is in season right now! Stir fry it. Bake it. Stuff it. Check out Delish for 20 different yummy looking ways to prepare this springtime veggie.
The only way I would eat zucchini when I was a kid was when my mom disguised it in a loaf of quick bread. I was pretty sure that was the only way people ate zucchini. After all, who would cook it and eat it as a vegetable when it was so tasty in bread? Why mess with a good thing? Right?
Bonuses of this particular recipe: no processed sugar, part whole wheat flour, no butter or oil. And, it’s not dry as a brick!
Zucchini Banana Bread
Based on a recipe from Cinnamon, Spice and Everything Nice
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup honey
- 2 bananas, mashed
- 1 tsp. maple syrup
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 3/4 cup white flour
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1 (heaping) tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1 (heaping) cup shredded zucchini
1. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees, and grease a standard sized loaf pan.
2. Beat eggs, banana, honey and syrup until smooth. Enlist in blender, if need be.
3. Add flours, baking soda, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon. Mix well.
4. Once mixed, fold in zucchini. Pour batter into loaf pan and bake for 50 minutes. Cool in pan for 15 minutes.