It’s the first day of September. Welcome!
August was an all around winning month. I spent time in Indiana, Michigan, Iowa, and Mississippi, and drove through all the states in between. I watched movies, laid in parks, rode a Ferris wheel (twice), learned how to change the oil in my car, had people over for dinner, hung out with the family, enjoyed many-a campfire, watched the stars, wished on a shooting one, made new friends and spent time with old ones. I wouldn’t wish for a single thing more out of my month of summer.
I canned. Tomatoes! And I got them at a bargain price, if I do say so myself.
In August, unlike in July, I actually cooked a recipe or two of my 101 in 1001. Most notably, I made pasties. Twice. I also made some ginger cookies. And homemade tomato sauce. Once I get around to blogging the cookies, I can cross that recipe off the 101. Because those cookies were a winner.
With August behind us, here comes September. The bottom third of the year two thousand and eleven. The month of fall’s advent. Crazy.
- I’m going to travel to Virginia this weekend and Minnesota in 2 weeks. Camping. Hiking. Wedding. Canoeing. Good friends. After this month, I’ll stay put for awhile. Promise.
- I want to make as many veggie dishes as possible this month with all of the farmer’s market goods I can find, including a tasty tomato recipe I found in this month’s Whole Living magazine.
- More canning and freezing.
- I want to take more pictures. Pictures of people. I have a pathetically small amount of summer pictures.
- Also, I’m going to get into a routine of cardio and strength training that will carry me through the fall.
I wanna know: Are you excited about fall’s arrival? Or would you like summer to stick around longer?