This one is so easy. And so tasty. It makes for a yummy, nutritious weekday meal.
First, start some rice or quinoa on the stove. Whichever you like! Prepared however you like (or by following directions on the package).
Dice up a chicken breast, sprinkle with salt and pepper, and sautee it in some olive oil.
While that’s cooking, put 4 pieces of bacon in a skillet.
Once the chicken is cooked through, add spinach, and toss together until the spinach is wilted. Like so.
Put it all together! Fill bowls with rice/quinoa, and top with chicken, spinach, and diced bacon. Mix it up!
Dinner. In less than 30 minutes. And it contains bacon. Can’t ask for much more than that. See the full recipe at Iowa Girl Eats.
They look pretty. They’re easy to make. They contain bacon. You don’t need any more information than that.
- 1 cup ranch dressing
- 1 cup (8 oz. container) sour cream
- 1 bunch green onions, diced
- 1 lb. bacon, cooked
- 1 package extra large flour tortillas
- 1 bag spinach, shredded
Let’s do this!
Spinach Bacon Pinwheels
(Adapted from cooks.com)
1. Mix ranch dressing, sour cream, and diced green onions in a small bowl
2. In a separate bowl, toss diced bacon and shredded spinach. The amount of spinach is a bit subjective. I used about 3/4 of one bag.
3. Combine! Spread a layer on a tortilla shell.
4. Roll it up, stick a couple of toothpicks in to hold it together, and place them in a dish to rest. Cover with saran wrap, and leave in the fridge for at least 2 hours, but up to 12.
4. Slice, toothpick, and serve.
We had such a great time this Christmas Eve eating hors d’oeuvres and desserts and opening up presents. Check out this spread!
I noticed that I got some shots of the food that we ate, but none of the people in attendance. I’m so bad about that! I think that will be a 2012 resolution. Take more pictures of people. Consider it so.