I feel like November was over in a blink of an eye. The month started off with a super busy week, and was followed up by two different weekend trips. Both so good. And before I knew it, here we are in December. A week into December, and still no snow. Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow!
Goals from November:
- Survive the first week. Done and done! I successfully pulled off 3 work events and 2 huge piano gigs in 6 days.
- Look at my phone less. This one is still a work in progress. Tips: 1. install a different lock system (use a pin, change your pin, use a pattern, just change it up!). 2. Get rid of apps you mindlessly check. For me, this was Facebook. It’s gone. 3. Keep your phone in another room when you’re at home.
- Start another knitting project. Did not.
- Enjoy a couple of weekend trips–one to Indiana and one to the Detroit area. Did! They were both so great.
- Keep running! Sort of done. Mom and I are running a 10K this month, so I’ve half-heartedly kept up the running thing!
- Blog a new-to-me recipe. Orange Chicken. Try it!
- Sit indoors and hope for snow. I’m ready for some snowshoeing adventures!
- Finish Christmas shopping by next Saturday (the 13th).
- Run the aforementioned 10K with my mom. I don’t have any time goals–it’ll just be fun!
- Maybe a new knitting project? We have a car trip coming up at the end of the month, so a fun project might be welcome by then.
- Look at my phone even less.
- Make egg nog from scratch! I’m pretty excited about this one.
- Make one new-to-me dinner recipe.
What are you up to this month?
November! Bring on Thanksgiving. We’re headed south to celebrate an early Thanksgiving with extended family. We’ve been planning our eats via Facebook, and wow. It’s going to be a feast.
October was a good month. I’ve eaten so many apples and enjoyed many a mug of apple cider. We’ve had a couple of bonfires in the backyard, went on a couple of hikes, and generally enjoyed the slower pace of this season. Here’s what I set out to do last month in the way of goals:
- More baking. Didn’t really happen. I made a batch of cookies. Does that count?
- Rock a 10k. I wouldn’t say I rocked it. My body just wasn’t feeling the speed I thought it was capable of. I did, however, PR by 10 seconds.
- Finish my current knitting project. It’s done! I finished a scarf for Bob that I started last winter. Then, when we found out we were going to become Aunt and Uncle, more adorable knitting projects took priority.
- Pull off the anniversary party we are planning for my in-laws. Done. They had a great time!
- Try 1 new recipe. Did you see Sausage, Spinach, and Quinoa Skillet? Divine.
Now that it’s November, fall is definitely making it’s exit as the temperatures gets chillier, the daylight gets shorter, and snow is making its appearance. On the list for this month:
- Survive this first week. It’s a busy one. I have several extra things for work, as well as two music gigs on the weekend.
- Look at my phone less. Much less. The amount of time I spend mindlessly scrolling is getting out of control.
- Start another knitting project.
- Enjoy a couple of weekend trips–one to Indiana and one to the Detroit area.
- Keep moving! I’m without a race goal currently, and I’m floundering in the exercise department.
- Blog a new-to-me recipe.
I wanna know: What are you up to this month?
Howdy all! It’s Saturday.
I’m ukulele-ing it up at Interlochen, and I’m hoping to learn a lot. Youtube is a lovely thing when trying to learn a new skill, but eventually you reach the point of needing to learn from real people who do what you want to do. So wish me luck. I’m terrified I’ll be the only inexperienced one there!
September was a beautiful month here in Northern Michigan. Truly lovely!
- Day hike! We hit up the North Country Trail, and did almost 8 miles. I saw the most gigantic snake (Blue Racer, if you’re curious). I didn’t know they made such creatures in the northland.
- Finish canning tomatoes. We’re pretty much done. We have 16 quarts, and Bob picked the remaining ones yesterday. They’re hanging out in the garage, turning red.
- Can applesauce and apple pie in a jar. Nope. Waiting for the rest of our apples to get here.
- Run 3 times per week, including one long run. Done!
- Make a pumpkin treat of some kind. Done. Pumpkin bread, if you’re curious.
- Paint the two end tables in our living room, as well as complete a couple of other “decorate with very little budget” projects. Did not paint. But what did happen was even better. Post forthcoming.
With the arrival of October, fall is in full swing. Bring on the cider, slippers, and coziness. Here’s what’s up in my world:
- More baking. I can’t help myself.
- Rock a 10k–shooting for a PR.
- Finish my current knitting project. I’m so close.
- Pull off the anniversary party the sister-in-law and I are planning for my in-laws.
- Try 1 new dinner/entree recipe.
What’s happening for you this month?