I’m a summer girl, through and through. Sunshine, flip flops, and water. Summer, summer, summer. Alas, fall is here and it’s here to stay in northern Michigan. I’m trying not to hate it too much. Despite the chilly temps, we … Continue reading
Happy Saturday, folks! What are you up to? We’re off to Grand Rapids for an early Thanksgiving celebration with one side of my family, and then to Kalamazoo for my Oma’s birthday on Sunday. It’ll be a great weekend full … Continue reading
It’s September? Wasn’t it May a couple of days ago? Wasn’t I recently waxing eloquent about how I’m a summer person, how I love it and want it to be here forever?
As much as I love summer and the warmth it brings, fall is pretty great. Warm days, cool nights. Colored leaves. Crisp air. Apples. Pumpkins. Cinnamon. Cider. Donuts. It could be worse.
We just got back from our end-of-summer-hurrah to Isle Royale National Park. In short, it was a wonderful week to disconnect, be still, and enjoy the great outdoors. I’ll write up a post and tell you all about the trip soon!
- Day hike! Make it happen.
- Finish canning tomatoes (we’re 11 quarts in, thus far!).
- Can applesauce and apple pie in a jar.
- Run 3 times per week, including one long run.
- Make a pumpkin treat of some kind.
- Paint the two end tables in our living room, as well as complete a couple of other “decorate with very little budget” projects.
I wanna know: What are you up to this month?