Chips and salsa is the ultimate in easy potluck offerings. It’s easy, it’s fresh, everyone loves it. If you have even a few minutes and want to take your chips and salsa to the next level, give this one a try.
The sweet corn, tomatoes, and black beans offer a delicious mixture in textures and flavors; the seasonings are just right, and the jalapenos add a bit of kick. You’ll be coming back again and again for more!
Corn and Black Bean Salsa
Adapted from Taste of Home
- 1 bag (16 oz) frozen sweet corn
- 2 cans black beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 cans diced tomatoes (or 6-8 tomatoes, diced)
- 1 red onion, diced
- 1 cup cilantro, minced
- 4 jalapenos, seeded and diced
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 tsp. cumin
1. Put the sweet corn in a pot, cover with water. Bring to just a boil, and drain. Prepare the rest of your ingredients by draining/rinsing/dicing/mincing.
2. Combine corn, beans, tomatoes, onion, cilantro, and jalapenos in a large bowl. Add 1/4 cup lime juice. Mix thoroughly.
3. Sprinkle salt, garlic powder, and cumin on top. Mix together until the spices are distributed throughout.
If you have the time, let it sit in the fridge for a couple of hours (or overnight) to let the flavors do their thing. If you don’t have that kind of time, no fear–it’s delicious right after you finish mixing. Serve with tortilla chips, and get ready for the stampede of people requesting seconds.