Last weekend, we house sat for my mom while she was out of town. Primary duties: feed the dog, let the dog outside, and don’t burn the house down. My baby sister hung out with us for the weekend, and we had a great time!
When I came downstairs on Sunday morning, I caught baby sister busy at work on a pan of monkey bread. Delish! Here’s how she does it!
Naomi’s Monkey Bread
- 2 containers of biscuits (Pillsbury or the like)
- Cinnamon sugar (1 cup sugar+2 Tbs. cinnamon)
- 3/4 cup butter
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup white sugar
1. Preheat oven to 335 degrees. Pop open your biscuits, and cut each biscuit into quarters using a kitchen sheers or a knife. As you cut each one, toss it in the cinnamon sugar. Repeat until you’ve made it through both containers of biscuits.
2. Put sugar covered dough in bundt pan. On second thought, I don’t think there is a rule that states you MUST use a bundt pan. An 8×8 or a casserole dish would probably work just as well.
4. Pour mixture evenly over biscuit dough.
5. Bake for 25-30 minutes. Allow monkey bread to sit for 5 minutes before serving.
Happy weekend breakfast!