While we were camping with friends over the 4th of July, we had the most delicious grilled chicken. Since it was so yummy, I had to ask what was in the marinades. And my mind was blown. The friend who made it got the recipe from New Leaf Wellness, and it’s so incredibly easy.
The brilliance in this “recipe” is that you have a base for the marinade, and then depending on the spices you pick, you could create 10 different flavor profiles for the chicken. Each of the marinades require 1 lb of chicken, 1/4 cup of olive oil, and a pinch of salt. After that, you add 3 spices to create the different flavors. So tasty! So scale-able! So easy! Rather than precisely measuring out 1 lb of chicken, I used two chicken breasts, butterflied them, and it worked just fine.
So let’s get started!
Put 1 lb of chicken, 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil, and a pinch of salt in a ziploc bag (if you’re freezing) or a bowl (if you’re marinating for dinner).
Then, pick the flavor you want, and add 1 tsp each of the 3 spices listed next to it.
- Lemon Garlic: lemon zest, rosemary, garlic powder
- Lemon Pepper: lemon zest, pepper, onion powder
- Chili Lime: lime zest, chili powder, red pepper flakes
- Spicy Garlic Lime: lime zest, garlic powder, pepper
- Basic BBQ: chili powder, paprika, cinnamon
- Mild Cajun: paprika, garlic powder, onion powder
- Southwestern: chili powder, paprika, cumin
- Mediterranean: onion powder, garlic powder, parsley
- Ginger Garlic: onion powder, garlic powder, ginger
- Italian: basil, oregano, thyme
Mix it up so the chicken is well coated in marinade, and freeze immediately or marinate in the fridge for couple of hours. You could grill, bake, or pan fry the chicken. You could use it in stir fry, eat as a main dish, put on a salad, or make some wraps. I’ll say it one more time: these marinades are so tasty and versatile!
Have you found any easy recipe game changers recently?