An easy and versatile blueberry cake you’ll want to make over and over again!
I’ve made this cake so often recently, my friends and family must be sick of it. It can as easily be served in the morning with coffee as it can for dessert after dinner. And so, I’ve made it for coffee gatherings and brought it to dinner parties as dessert and have no regrets about any of it.
This cake is pretty dense and is jam-packed with blueberries bursting with the best tastes of summer. Top it with the crispy, sweet streusel, and you can’t go wrong, folks. Add homemade whipped cream, and your life will change.
The best part about this cake is you can make a giant 9″ x 13″ version, or you can divide it into two 8″ x 8″ pans and bake one and freeze the other for later. When you want to eat the frozen one, you bake as you did the thawed version. How easy is that? So easy.
Without further ado….
For the cake, you’ll need:
- 1/2 cup butter, softened to room temperature
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 cups flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 cups blueberries–fresh or frozen
For the topping you’ll need:
- 2 Tbs butter, melted
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 3/4 cup chopped nuts (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
- Cream butter and sugar. Add eggs and vanilla, beat to combine.
- Add sour cream. Mix well.
- Add flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt. Beat to combine.
- Stir in blueberries.
- Pour batter into two greased 8×8 pans or one greased 9×13 pan. If you go the 8×8 route, you can slide one in the freezer, and bake directly from frozen when you’re ready.
- Mix together topping and sprinkle evenly on top.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes
Happy blueberry cake making!