November! Bring on Thanksgiving. We’re headed south to celebrate an early Thanksgiving with extended family. We’ve been planning our eats via Facebook, and wow. It’s going to be a feast.
October was a good month. I’ve eaten so many apples and enjoyed many a mug of apple cider. We’ve had a couple of bonfires in the backyard, went on a couple of hikes, and generally enjoyed the slower pace of this season. Here’s what I set out to do last month in the way of goals:
- More baking. Didn’t really happen. I made a batch of cookies. Does that count?
- Rock a 10k. I wouldn’t say I rocked it. My body just wasn’t feeling the speed I thought it was capable of. I did, however, PR by 10 seconds.
- Finish my current knitting project. It’s done! I finished a scarf for Bob that I started last winter. Then, when we found out we were going to become Aunt and Uncle, more adorable knitting projects took priority.
- Pull off the anniversary party we are planning for my in-laws. Done. They had a great time!
- Try 1 new recipe. Did you see Sausage, Spinach, and Quinoa Skillet? Divine.
Now that it’s November, fall is definitely making it’s exit as the temperatures gets chillier, the daylight gets shorter, and snow is making its appearance. On the list for this month:
- Survive this first week. It’s a busy one. I have several extra things for work, as well as two music gigs on the weekend.
- Look at my phone less. Much less. The amount of time I spend mindlessly scrolling is getting out of control.
- Start another knitting project.
- Enjoy a couple of weekend trips–one to Indiana and one to the Detroit area.
- Keep moving! I’m without a race goal currently, and I’m floundering in the exercise department.
- Blog a new-to-me recipe.
I wanna know: What are you up to this month?