As previously mentioned, summer is my season. I just love it. One thing I love is how easy it is to gather people in the summer. Somehow, it just seems simpler. Have a campfire, host a cookout, play yard games, plan a potluck. These summer days are longer, and they seem to lend themselves to leisure and fellowship more than the dark days of winter.
If you’re looking for something simple, colorful, and delicious to take to your next picnic, cookout, or potluck, look no further than this cold pasta salad. It will only take 15 minutes of prep, and can be made well in advance of your event–just store it in the fridge!
Easy Summer Pasta Salad
- 16 ounces pasta of your choice-I used a multicolored rotini.
- 1 cucumber, sliced and quartered
- 10 oz. cherry tomatoes, each quartered
- 1/2 cup Italian dressing
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese
- Ground pepper, to taste
1. Prepare your pasta according to the directions on the box.
2. Chop your cucumbers and your tomatoes. I sliced the cucumber, and then chopped each slice into quarters. I won’t limit you in your cucumber chopping method. Do as you see fit. I quartered the tomatoes, but, once again, I won’t limit you.
3. Once the pasta is done, drain in a colander, and rinse under cold water until the pasta is cool. Toss cucumber and tomato in a bowl with the pasta, and drizzle dressing on top. Toss until dressing is evenly dispersed. Add Parmesan cheese, and toss again. Top with ground pepper.
4. Chill in the fridge for at least 2 hours before serving, and up to 24 hours.