And this week, summer finally arrived in Northern Michigan. There has been grilling, hammock laying, and campfire sitting. And goodness, I’ve missed this season, and I’m so glad it’s back. Summer is a season of new life and of growth and of sunshine. Of beaches, and fresh air, and water, and friends. Summer is my season. This is the season I look forward, and the season in which I feel most alive.
In what’s remaining of May, I hope to:
- Share a performance of the concerto I’ve been working on! A week from tomorrow is the big day, and I’m excited.
- Plant the garden! I need to till in the fertilizer, plot it out, reinforce the fencing to keep the critters out, and plant.
- Enjoy a trip to Minneapolis–I’m excited to explore a city I’ve never been to.
- Relax. The week pre-performance is a busy one, so I’m looking forward to some good old R&R.
- Jump into Donald Miller’s Creating Your Life Plan. I’ve watched the first 2 modules, and I’m hooked. Once I complete the course, I’ll let you know how things turned out.