I love pasta. It is the ultimate comfort food. It’s “curl up on the couch in your sweat pants and watch a good movie” food. It’s “invite the people you love, and serve a big pot of happiness” food. True fact: nothing says, “I love you,” like pasta and cheese.
- Half a box fettucini pasta
- 2 chicken breasts
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 1/2 cups grated Parmesan cheese
- Dried parsley
1. Get your chicken cooking. We did ours on our George Foreman grill, and it worked pretty well. You could also bake it in the oven or pan fry it in a skillet.
2. Prepare the pasta according to the directions on the box.
3. To make the sauce, melt butter in a sauce pan over medium heat. Add cream, and simmer for 5 minutes. Add garlic powder, stir. Mix in Parmesan cheese–keep mixing until there are no more lumps. Keep pan on low heat until ready to serve. Sauce is based on this recipe.
4. When pasta is done, plate each serving. Slice the chicken breasts, and layer over pasta. Drizzle with sauce, and sprinkle parsley on top.
Double or triple as needed. Enjoy!