I have a piano student who has both a gluten and a dairy intolerance. When I mentioned there would be snacks at a studio party I was hosting, this student nonchalantly asked, “They’ll be gluten free and dairy free, right?” Umm……Of course! And so, they were.
Peanut Butter Cookies (GF/DF)
Recipe based on Gluten Free Girl
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp baking powder
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees, and cover two baking sheets with parchment paper.
2. Cream together the peanut butter and the sugar. Add the egg and vanilla and mix in. Add the baking powder, and combine.
3. Refrigerate for 20-30 minutes.
4. Roll into small balls, an inch in diameter. Much bigger than that, and the cookies won’t hold together. Roll each ball in sugar, and place on parchment covered cookie sheet. Using a small fork, press lightly on the top of the cookie.
5. Bake for 6-7 minutes. Let cool on the cookie sheet for 5 minutes, and then transfer to a cooling rack. They won’t quite look done coming out of the oven. That’s OK! They continue to bake on the cookie sheet after you take them out the oven.
A note: this dough will be gooier than your average cookie dough (even after refrigerating), due to not having any flour in it. It’s supposed to be like that–follow the directions, and you’re on your way to gluten and dairy free happiness. Happy baking!