It’s been one year since I wore this white dress.
One year since I walked down the aisle on my brother’s arm.
One year since Bob and I gathered with our family and friends in this beautiful, old church, sun streaming through the windows.
One year since we said, “I will,” and “I do,” and exchanged our wedding rings.
One year since we sang a “Praise God from whom all blessings flow” and walked together down the aisle, beaming, out into that gorgeous, fall day. Husband and wife.
Revelry. I just love that word. It went on the bottom of our invitation. “Dinner and revelry to follow.” Revelry means “lively and noisy festivities,” and we loved every minute of ours.
To think, that beautiful, wonderful day was a year ago. That beautiful, wonderful day changed my last name, and blessed me with the man I’m privileged to call my husband. For better. For worse. Wouldn’t change a thing.
If you’re curious, we had a lot of help in making this day as great as it was. If you’re in their area, contact them for your wedding, party, or event. They were all wonderful!
- Flowers: friend of the family–London, Ontario, Canada.
- Photos: Erica Kent–Norfolk, VA; Julie Sypkens–Grand Rapids, MI
- Cake: Boonzaaijer Bakery–Kalamazoo, MI.
- Caterer: Dawn Fresh Catering–Falmouth, MI
- Ceremony: First Congregational Church–Cadillac, MI
- Reception: Camp Torenta–Cadillac, MI