Happy National Fudge Day, folks! That’s right. Today, June 16th, 2013, is National Fudge Day. Is there a better day than today to make a mini batch of fudge? No. I’m pretty sure there isn’t.
Peanut Butter Fudge
based on Alton Brown’s recipe
- 1 stick butter
- 1/2 cup smooth peanut butter
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1 3/4 cup powdered sugar
1. Put the butter and peanut butter in a microwave safe container. Cover with Saran Wrap. Microwave on high for 2 minutes. Stir, recover, and microwave for another 2 minutes.
2. Add vanilla and powdered sugar. Stir. You want a stiff consistency; think thick cookie dough. Add a little more powdered sugar if it isn’t quite there yet.
3. Find a tupperware container that is roughly 4×8 or 6×6 or….it doesn’t really matter. Spray the top side of parchment paper with oil, and line the bottom and sides of the container. Push the fudge into the container, and level the top.
5. Cut into roughly 1 inch x 1 inch squares. Devour!
P.S. A double batch will fill a regular 8×8 dish.