You know those little packages of spice mixes you can buy in the store? You can find them for tacos, fajitas, dressings, soups, etc? Well, with the spices in your cabinet and approximately 5 minutes, you can make your own. Not only is it cost-effective, but it’s nicer for the environment, too. Less packaging!
Fajita Marinade Spice Mix
Based on Taste of Home
Yield: 4 batches of fajitas
- 2 Tbs. salt
- 2 Tbs. oregano
- 2 Tbs. cumin
- 1 Tbs. + 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 2 tsp. chili powder
- 2 tsp. paprika
- 2 tsp. crushed red pepper flakes
To marinate fajita meat:
1. Shake the spices before each to use. Combine 2 Tbs. and 1 tsp. of the mix with 2 Tbs. of oil and 2 Tbs. of lemon juice.
2. Marinate 1 and a half pounds of your choice of meat, chopped into strips or shredded, for 1-4 hours.
3. Make your fajitas as you and your family prefer! This recipe will serve approximately 6.