Happy Labor Day weekend! Bring out the beach towels, the sunblock, the campfires, and the grills. Let’s ooze every last bit of summer out of this weekend, shall we?
This is an easy, flavorful recipe, sure to be a great side at your weekend barbeque. Chances are, you can make it with what you have in your cupboard right now!
- 4-5 potatoes (about 1 potato per person you want to feed), sliced
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 4 tbsp. butter
- 1 tsp. each of garlic powder, salt, and pepper
1. Slice your potatoes and your (onions).
2. Tear off two sheets of tinfoil. Layer half the potatoes with the half the onions on each sheet.
3. Cut 4 Tbs of butter into 8 chunks. Layer 4 chunks on each tin foil sheet. Like so:
4. Sprinkle with garlic powder, salt, and pepper, about 1/2 tsp. each, or to taste.
5. Seal up each tinfoil sheet into a packet. Grill for 30 minutes, turning once to ensure even cooking.
6. Pour it all into a serving bowl, and plate it up!