August first. Look at that. Let’s recap some summer, shall we? Since June 1st, I’ve done a fair amount of cooking.
- Grilled! Notably, beer can chicken.
- Made sweet things! Mini blueberry pies were a hit, as well as my truffles.
- Favorite recipe, by far, this summer goes to chicken with blueberry sauce. Try it!
I’ve celebrated some pretty amazing life milestones.
- Birthday! I’m twenty five now, and celebrated by making my first cake!
- Engaged! To a really wonderful man, no less.
In between, I’ve gone to the beach with dear friends, enjoyed many a sunset on my back porch, read many books, made dinner for other dear friends, enjoyed a mini family reunion, and alerted my Indiana places of employment that I am moving.
The good news– summer’s not over yet, friends! This is just the halfway point. This month, I plan on:
- Sending out wedding invitations
- Moving to Michigan
- Finding a job, even part time/short term would be great!
- Starting to make connections in Cadillac for teaching and accompanying opportunities
- Enjoying my kayak and learning how to flip it
- Going to a drive-in movie
- Camping with a friend in Brown County, Indiana
- Biking, in addition to the swimming I’ve been doing
- Spending a day at Lake Michigan (who wants to come?!)
It’ll be a good month! What are you planning on doing to wring the most happiness out of the last bit of summer?