It sounds strange. I can hear you now, “Blueberries on chicken? Heck no!” If you can get past how strange it sounds and actually try it, you will love it. I promise you.
Chicken with Blueberry Sauce
Based on Taste of Home, with thanks to Roxanne!
- 4 chicken breasts
- 1 Tbs. olive oil
- 1/2 cup orange marmalade (or apricot preserves)
- 3 Tbs. Dijon mustard
- 1/3 cup vinegar (either cider or white)
- 1/2 cup blueberries (frozen would work great, as well!)
1. Heat olive oil in a large skillet. We used cast iron, and loved it! Add chicken breasts and cook 3-4 minutes on each side.
3. Once chicken is cooked through, remove to a separate dish. Add vinegar, and stir for 3 or so minutes until a sauce-like consistency is formed. Add blueberries, and stir for another minute.
4. Pour sauce over chicken and serve over rice or quinoa.