When I was growing up, pot roast was the quintessential Sunday dinner meal. So easy, so quick. Throw everything in a crock pot before church, and when you return, dinner is served!
Another great thing: pot roast is extremely flexible. You can add whatever you like to the mix! Though I used a venison roast, you can use whatever you like (or have in your freezer).
- a roast
- 1 Tbs. olive oil
- 1/2 cup red wine
- 2-3 potatoes, chopped into quarters
- 3 carrots, sliced
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 pints (or a 15 oz can) stewed tomatoes
- salt, pepper, oregano, thyme, rosemary, sage, basil
1. Heat olive oil in a skillet. Rub salt into the outside of the roast. Once the oil is heated, seer the roast on all sides.
3. Add seasonings to taste, approximately 1/4 tsp. of each, more or less to taste.
4. Cook on high for 3 to 4 hours, until potatoes and carrots are soft.
5. Serve and enjoy!