Don’t mind me while I pat myself on my back. These little guys turned out pretty tasty! They’re not exactly the same as their processed second cousins you would get at a fast food joint, or even in the frozen section of the grocery store. But that’s a good thing! This is real food here, folks. Legit. And stuff.
based on a recipe by fANNEtastic food
- 1/2 lb. of chicken tenders
- 1 egg
- 1 tbs. mustard
- 3/4 cup panko bread crumbs (for a gluten free version, check out the original recipe!)
- dash of salt, pepper, turmeric, cumin, and rosemary.
1. Preheat your oven to 375 degrees. Take a meat tenderizer to your chicken tenders. You don’t need to completely pulverize the poor chicken guys, just tenderize them a bit. Cut each strip into thirds.
2. Beat your egg and mix in the mustard. Use whatever kind of mustard you like, in whatever quantity, based on how much you like the taste of mustard.
3. Mix the panko and spices together in another bowl.
4. Set up your assembly line! Dredge the chicken pieces in the egg and mustard, and then in the panko, attempting to coat evenly. Lay them on a greased cookie sheet.
6. Enjoy with a side of green, and ketchup or mayo for dipping!