Let’s talk about my dinner last night, shall we? It was magical. This is the kind of dinner that just screams comfort food, except it’s pretty healthy for you. Healthy+yummy=awesome. It’s a proven fact.
Mushroom Chicken Cacciatore
based loosely on a recipe by Giada de Laurentiis
- 2-3 chicken thighs, depending on size.
- salt and pepper
- Olive Oil
- Panko bread crumbs, for chicken dredging
- 1/2 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 small onion, diced
- 5 or 6 mushrooms, sliced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 1 jar diced or whole tomatoes (15 oz, or so)
- basil leaves, for garnish
1. Heat olive oil in a large sauce pan over medium-high heat. Sprinkle your chicken pieces with salt and pepper and dredge in bread crumbs.
3. To the same pan that you cooked the chicken in, add onion, bell pepper, garlic, and mushrooms. Cook until the onion is translucent (3 or 4 minutes).
5. Serve with a glass of chilled, white wine.