Wondering what to do with all of that chicken you roasted over the weekend?
White Chicken Chili
Adapted slightly from Cha Cha’s White Chicken Chili
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 3 cans (15 oz.) Great Northern beans, or equivalent amount of beans soaked overnight.
- 2 cans (4 oz.) green chili peppers
- 2 chopped or shredded chicken breasts
- 2 cups frozen corn
- 4 cups chicken broth
- Cayenne pepper, cumin, and oregano
- Sautee onion and garlic in olive oil until the onion is translucent.
- Add all ingredients to the crock pot. If you want your chili to be a bit thicker, reduce the amount of chicken broth and/or drain and rinse your beans before adding them.
- Season with cumin, cayenne pepper, and oregano. Adjust based on how spicy you want it to be.
- Depending on how long you intend to leave it in your crock pot, choose high or low, and leave it alone!
- Top with cheese and sour cream, if desired.