Puppy chow has been a long time favorite in my world. My friend Darcy and I used to make it all the time in high school. When we went to college, it was a vacation tradition to make a batch of it together when we were home at the same time.
True to form, we made that happen this Thanksgiving.
Now, puppy chow is pretty easy. And we never follow a recipe. That makes it more fun. Here are the basic steps:
1. Melt one bag of chocolate chips on the stove over medium/low heat.
2. Add a scoop of peanut butter. However much you want. Somewhere between a half and one cup would be good. Also, add 2 Tbs. butter.
3. Pour mixture of chocolatey wonderfulness over one box of chex cereal.
4. Mix it up until all of the cereal pieces are pretty much coated.
5. Pour powdered sugar on top. Toss until coated.
Oh happy day. Now that I’m back from Thanksgiving weekend, I intend to eat only vegetables. Ha.
I wanna know: What was your favorite part of your weekend?