October is here. And I’m ringing it in like nobody’s business: I have a splint on my ankle. Yeah, that’s right. A splint that won’t come off for another week and a half. A splint that will only be replaced by a permanent cast. A splint that won’t allow me to put weight on my right foot.
Why the splint? Well, I dislocated my peroneal tendon. In case you were curious, I don’t recommend trying this at home. In case you were wondering, this does take some of the luster out of my fall plans. Not all of the fun, just a bit.
In the meantime, I’m being showered by flowers and friends and love, and I couldn’t be more grateful!
In October, I will:
- Attend two weddings: one of a dear friend, and one of an uncle.
- Cook… somehow. It might be a week or so before that happens.
- Be grateful.
- Graduate from splint to cast, which means I will have more mobility and freedom (crossing fingers).
- Learn something new (knitting? Dutch?) I’m taking suggestions.
- Work on toning my abs and arms. Why not?
- Rock tree pose on my left leg.
- Learn more about soaking beans.
I wanna know: What hobby should I take up for the next few weeks? The only rule is that it’s something that I can do while I sit on my rear on the couch.