Darcy and Kyle gave me cedar planks for my birthday back in June, and until last night, I had yet to use them. What a crime!
- Make sure you soak your cedar board for at least 30 minutes. Longer than that is better, less than that won’t work.
- Marinating fish is always a good choice. Google has recipes in abundance.
- You can reuse your cedar board up to 4 times, depending on the amount of charred that it is.
- Meat thermometers are handy for checking if your fish is done.
- Having a great view makes cooking that much more awesome.