Maybe it’s the frugal, Dutch girl in me, but I really can’t get over picking free berries. I went back. I’m addicted. I’ll probably go again tomorrow. I just can’t get enough.
Using this recipe for ingredient ratios, my little cornflower blue ramekin for portion control, and the berries I picked, I made dessert. Black raspberry dessert, to be specific.
Black Raspberry Crumble
Adapted from My Culinary Sanctuary
- Blend 1/4 cup flour with 2 Tbs. cold butter. Use a fork to incorporate the butter with the flour; you’re going for a crumbly consistency.
- Add 1/8 cup brown sugar and 1/4 tsp. cinnamon. Mix with fork.
- Fill ramekin two-thirds of the way with berries. Sprinkle with small amount of white sugar, if desired. Pour crumble mixture on top. You might not need all of the crumble mixture. Use just enough to cover the berries.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes (or until golden brown on top).
- Invert into bowl and top with whipped cream.
I wanna know: Are you baking anything this weekend?