I know it’s only Thursday night. I just got ahead of myself, and made my Friday dinner on Thursday. Don’t judge.
I turned to The Pioneer Woman and, in so doing, followed in the footsteps of the best of the best to make this dish.
- 2 chicken breasts, butterflied
- 2 Tbs. butter
- 1/3 cup EVOO
- bread crumbs
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 tsp. minced garlic
- 3/4 cup wine (red or white)
- 1-16 oz. can of crushed tomato
- 2 Tbs. sugar
- Fresh Parmesan cheese
- pasta of your choosing
1. Butterfly two chicken breasts, cover with saran wrap or a ziploc bag, and pound them. Aim for 1/4 (or even 1/8th) inch thick.
2. Add 2 Tbs of butter and 1/3 cup of EVOO to a skillet (that you have a lid for).
3. Dredge both sides of the chicken in bread crumbs, and lay it in the hot oil. Cook each side for 3ish minutes.
5. Add a chopped onion and 2 teaspoons of minced garlic to the chicken pan (don’t you dare clean it yet!) and sautee for 3 minutes.
6. Add 3/4 cup wine, and stir it all up. Cook down the wine to about half of what you use. Then add crushed tomatoes, salt and pepper (to taste) and sugar. Mix, cover, and allow it to simmer on low for 30 minutes.
8. After 30 minutes, drown your chicken breast in the sauce, and top with Parmesan.
10. Serve each chicken piece over noodles. Cover generously with sauce, parsley, and more cheese (but only if you want. I’m not going to force you. I’m just going to strongly recommend it).
I wanna know: Tomorrow’s Friday! How are you celebrating?