In order to combat a busy week, this recipe is always a good option. It makes for a quick breakfast/snack.
- 3 cups quick cooking oats
- 1/2 cup chopped peanuts
- 1/4 cup wheat germ
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup oil
- 2 tablespoons warm water
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 250 degrees F (120 degrees C). Lightly grease a baking sheet.
- In a large bowl, combine oats, peanuts, and wheat germ.
- In a separate bowl, combine honey, brown sugar, vegetable oil, water, salt, and vanilla. Stir well; then pour into the oat mixture, and stir. Spread out on a cookie sheet.
- Bake for 1 hour, flipping every 15 minutes. Remove from oven, and cool before serving.