December has arrived, and with it the first snowfall of the season. From where I sit, I can see the snow slowly drifting down, coming to rest on the first surface it finds. In its own, freezing cold way, it’s quite beautiful, this first snow. I find myself eagerly anticipating jaunts through the winter-y woods, bundled up, with snowshoes strapped to my boots.
Here are some of my goals for the last month of 20-10:
- Fitness: as it gets colder, working out outdoors isn’t always realistic. Even so, I’m determined to do some cardio for at least 30 minutes, 4 days a week: run, swim, elliptical, whatever.
- Shopping: I’m not buying anything for myself that can wait for January. Christmas is a time to give, not to acquire. I’m going to try to be conscious of that this year.
- Money: Look for ways to save a few dollars, so that when I spend it, it’s really worth it. This applies most especially to beer and coffee.
- Blog: two guest posts on other blogs. Stay tuned! I’m excited for these. Now I just have to write them 🙂
- Music: memorize one movement of Beethoven by 1-1-11 (this one is in progress already, it just needs a deadline).
- Travel: book a ticket for awesome vacation in February.
- Christmas: enjoy the break from work with family and friends. Eat good food, but not too much. Snowshoe! I want to check out some trails in the Manistee National Forest. Who’s in?
- Food: 3 new recipes off the 101 in 1001 list. One will be gingerbread. Because it’s Christmas.
It’s hard to believe that this is the last month of 2010. It’s been a great year, and I’m determined to end it well.
I wanna know: What are your plans for this last month? Any last minute 2010 resolutions?