Since there was such a crowd, I doubled OSG’s recipe. Here’s what you’ll need if you’re feeding an army:
- 5 lb bag of potatoes
- 1 Tbs. EVOO
- 4 cloves of garlic, minced
- One 15 oz. can of pumpkin
- 2 handfuls of spinach, stems removed, leaves chopped
- 1 cup milk
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 Tbs. sea salt
- ground black pepper
- Peel and chop your potatoes into chunks and boil in a large pot for 20-ish minutes, until they’re soft.
- Drain the potatoes and mash them up with a potato masher.
- Sautee your garlic in EVOO for a minute or so.
- Add oil, garlic, pumpkin, butter, milk, and salt to the potatoes.
- Mix them with a hand mixer until your potatoes are soft and fluffy.
- Use a spoon to mix in spinach.
We all had a great time celebrating Thanksgiving together before we head our separate ways next weekend. We enjoyed the typical thanksgiving dishes: turkey, squash, cranberry salad, bread…yum yum yum! And the desserts. I can’t even begin to tell you. They were amazing. I’m going to attempt to wrest recipes away from my housemates. If I do, I’ll share!
I wanna know: What’s your favorite Thanksgiving dish?