Happy November, all! There was frost in the park this morning (shouldn’t have worn shorts…oops!) heralding the arrival of the new month. I’m excited for the new month, not so excited for the frost.
Here’s the recap of October and my goals for the month:
- Running: speed session/hills once a week. One long run (of at least 5 miles) a week. Success in hills department, not so much in the long run, though I did get a couple in.
- Buy 2 rolls of black and white film. Shoot them. Learn something. Didn’t happen. Next month…
- Make yogurt from scratch. Ditto. Next month.
- Strength training: 4 times a week. Success! Now to keep at it….
- Attempt the climbing wall at the Y. Success! Tried it! Loved it! Definitely going back for more!
- Backpacking/hiking in VA. Had a blast!
- Swim once a week. I missed a week, but other than that….
- Make a savings plan, check out Roth IRAs, etc. I did some research, and will maybe do a post on my findings eventually. Thus far, no conclusions, as I have a killer checking account deal (3.5% interest on a checking acct? It’s true!) So, I might put off long term savings options until a later date, and just sink my savings into my checking acct. Feel free to contradict me. Really. I’m kind of floundering in this personal finance thing…
- Find and create 2 completely new-to-me dishes that I’ve never made before. Yup! Butternut Squash Soup, Baba Ghanouj, and Homemade Applesauce.
All in all, I’d say that we have October success here, people folk!
Check back tomorrow for November’s goals… I need to brainstorm some good ones 🙂
I wanna know: Did you accomplish anything awesome last month? What was it?